sometimes you have to stop and smell the chamois butter


Monday, February 14, 2011

Sunday spin

The Sunday forecast taunted me with temperatures near fifty.  I decided to forgo the "Church of the Sweet Ride" feeling I needed more penance on the legs and less on the back.  I chose to flog myself by heading out toward Canyonlands and coming back via Gemini Bridges. 
It was pretty quiet out there.  Once I turned on to Gemini rd, I only saw one vehicle.  It was a great day to put in some hours, despite the clouds holding back the warmth of the sun.  I ended up back at the house with nearly four solid hours of pedaling.  Although I was psyched to end up with the saddle time, I was starving and luckily caught Lisa via phone at the pizza joint.  I beat her home and pretty much ate what I could find until she arrived.  Then I devoured giant slices of pizza until I couldn't get off the couch.  Now that's training!



No comments:

Post a Comment